Fonts and Revolution

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sat Nov 5 17:35:33 EST 2005

On 11/4/05 6:07 PM, "Garrett R. Hylltun" <garretthylltun at gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> What's the deal on the fonts that we can use in our programs;
>
>   are we limited to what's in the text formatting list?
>   can we add our own fonts?
>     - If yes, how and what font format?
>   antialias support?

Basically we are limited to whatever fonts are currently installed on the
machine that is running our programs, since Revolution does not (at this
time) support font embedding... this means that if you want to have a
specific font in use in your program, you will need to confirm that the user
has it installed (check 'the fontnames' property), or install it yourself
(assuming that it is OK for you to do so) as part of your overall
installation process.

As to antialiasing, Revolution doesn't do anything about this - the OSes
themselves implement font smoothing at certain point sizes or larger, and
this is reflected in Rev as much as in Word...

HTH,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/