Finding non-common elements in two arrays

Bruce A. Pokras macstacks at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 5 17:39:49 EST 2005

The intersect function will return the common elements of two arrays.
Is there any array methodology that will return the non-common
elements of two arrays? I download a government list each month, and
I would like an easy way to spot the records that are either new or
changed. Currently, I use a repeat structure to go through the old
list line-by-line to see if any lines are not identically found in
the new list (using offset), and collect a third list of any lines in
which offset=0. After splitting the old and new lists into arrays, an
"inverse-intersect" function or equivalent would seem to be a more
elegant way of doing this.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Bruce Pokras