Application in foreground

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Sat Nov 5 04:52:26 EST 2005

Let me add some copyright notices to the vbs stack's about and I'll release
it
shortly... ;)

The previous trim() thread mimiquing the trim functions in vbs were great.
The vbs language library in TAOO contains

- a compatibility layer of the basic vbs functions (reduces vbs code porting
effort)*
- a set of xos commands linked to a verb-object list of vbs scripts ready to
be executed
on your local machine (remote execution is also in the works). It's in the
usual taoo
ebook format.

* alas not finished and trim wasn't done yet at the time of the trim
thread... ;)

So in the case of your script, I can do two things for taoo (and its users
or the
users of the vbs lib as a standalone) with your example:

1 - provide an activateApplication handler and similes (goapp, openapp,
switchtoapp)
2 - provide a code logic object that can be inserted dynamically for dynamic
vbs (meta)
code generation. This is when you tell taoo to do vbs codes using taoo
commands - there's
a translation layer planned for more complex interactions between systems
than meets the
eye in "dynamic scripting"...

it may sound complicated but it's not. you use this vbs lib and Rev inherits
vbs commands
and vbs execution.

Similar layers exist for c ansi functions (fopen, fwrite, getc, etc), java,
flash, etc...
but their applications are lower level. In this case we touch the higher
user levels and
this is where taoo's big under-framework of libraries shines! Im in rev
(when taoo is active),
I can say

  goapp "notepad" -- thanks to you, Ken!

what I could really use is a "real speech to text to rev interpreter!" Then
I could start
showing some real applications of this... Your example is like those good
old Speech applets
I used to put into the apple menu speech recognition list...

sorry for going overboard, im deep into taoo and already made 150 changes
today to it!

Not one Rev crash or problem to mention!!! 2.6.1 is great!!!

cheers
Xavier
http://monsieurx.com/taoo