checking removable drives

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Nov 4 01:19:55 EST 2005

Chipp Walters wrote:

>> Alternatively, I could safely provide that for 95% of my customers by
>> writing the reg entry only when the boot volume is the same as the
>> volume the app is running on.
>
> Richard,
>
> For some darn reason I buy a lot of Windows computers. You'd be
> surprised how many have a smaller C drive than D drive and encourage you
> to locate your programs on the D drive. Just thought you might want to
> know.

It's been a while since I bought a PC.  The two I bought last year each
came with two drives, but on both machines they were configured with D
as a restore partition only.

Considering I never buy Dell and they're the market leader by far, as
soon as I wrote "95%" it occured to me it's probably more like 90% or
even 80%.

Small matter at this point:  Mark Weider slugged it out with the
externals SDK and sent me the compiled DLL he's been talking about.
Works a treat.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation