2 question help

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Thu Nov 3 21:48:13 EST 2005

On 11/3/05 5:38 AM, "Paul" <PS1 at SoftSeven.org> wrote:

> Dear RunRev Programmers,
>
> I have 2 questions.
>
> 1)  How to I make a link to browse the cd drive.
>
> This is for a cd that installs but some files do
> not get transferred to the hard drive, it's rep
> files that the rep has access to but the end user
> has no need for them. I like an easy way for the rep to access them.

Here's Trevor's code that he posted to this list about a year ago (which was
a modified and enhanced form of some code I'd started):

/**
  * Opens a folder on the desktop. (Modified from Ken Ray's example)
  *
  * @param  pPath    Path to folder to open.
  */
on libSys_OpenFolder pPath
  switch (the platform)
    case "Win32"
      replace "/" with "\" in pPath
      set the hideConsoleWindows to true
      get shell("explorer.exe /root,"& quote & pPath & quote)
      break
    case "MacOS"
      if the systemVersion >= 10 then
        get shell("open " & quote & pPath & quote)
      else
        put "tell application " & quote & "Finder" & quote & cr & \
        "activate" & cr & \
        "open folder " & quote & revMacFromUnixPath(pPath) & quote & cr & \
        "end tell" into tScript
        do tScript as "AppleScript"
      end if
      break
  end switch
end libSys_OpenFolder

> 2) I had to format my hard drive the other day
> due to a worm, boy would I like the person that
> programmed this worm, well any way – I had a
> program that was a db as such for programmers.
> You could save programming codes/functions and
> search for them then copy & paste in your
> application as needed. I have looked for this
> program, I thought it was made in Revolutation.
> Anyone know about this program and where I can get it from?

Yes, Scripter's Scrapbook, available at http://www.flexiblelearning.com.

HTH,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software