checking removable drives

Charles Hartman charles.hartman at conncoll.edu
Thu Nov 3 07:58:22 EST 2005

(an OT, musing response:) Interesting. A year or so ago, on a Python
list, because I was trying to write a my0wnData file (for the
program, not the user), I asked how to find out what "the program's
own folder" *was*. On OS X it's weird; the "own folder" turns out to
be inside the application bundle (so invisible to the user). But the
interesting bit is that I got told by many, many people on that list
that one should never, never write things in arbitrary (non-system-
designated) places, or assume anything about where anything was
written that relied on any "default" location.

Charles Hartman