Grid Fields

Timothy Miller gandalf at doctorTimothyMiller.com
Wed Nov 2 15:23:39 EST 2005

Howdy,

I'm trying to understand grids in fields. I'm hopin' they work like,
say, tables in Microsoft Word. That would be soooo cool!

(On the other hand, that seems improbable. Even MS Word has trouble
managing its own tables, and they seem to ask a lot of the CPU.)

Having studied the documentation on this subject, it looks like maybe
a field with grid turned on just displays lines under each text line,
and draws vertical lines representing tab stops. If so, I can see how
it might be good for displaying tab-delimited data. Maybe that's the
main intended purpose.

Would someone be so kind as to clarify?

Thnx,

Tim