More efficent checking of multiple objects

Jan Sælid selid at broadpark.no
Tue Nov 1 09:38:01 EST 2005

Hi there

In my project I hav a group of buttons that works like a timeline. Something like this:

|btn 1|  |btn2|  |btn3|  |btn4|  etc...up....to...  |btn999|

The groups works for me. The user can add and delete buttons. And move buttons to change the order of them. Like this:

|btn3|  |btn2|  |btn4| ...etc.

Now my request is this.
(I do apologize for not doing the hard work myself - I really have contemplated a lot on the subject :-) )

I use a repeat with T=1 to (the number of buttons of group "Timeline")
because I need to reorganize all the other buttons if the user moves just one of them.

In the future the user can have up to 1000 of these buttons in the timeline. At this point I guess the repeat loop will be very slow.

Is there a more efficient method I can use here?

Jan