what

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Thu May 26 11:34:06 EDT 2005

try this

(looks complicated but it's not
3 lines suffice but it might fail...
Not professional!

--

on SetUpNewWin32ApplicationFolder ApplicationName

  if applicationName is empty or badFileCharacters(ApplicationName) or
whathaveyoutest()
  then return "SetUpNewWin32ApplicationFolder: Bad parameter" &CR& \
"Param:" ApplicationName

  put the hideconsolewindows into oldHCW
  put the directory into olddir

  try

    set the hideconsolewindows to true
    set the directory to "c:/"
    get shell("set")
    filter it with "ProgramFiles*"
    set the itemdelimiter to "="
    get item 2 of it
    set the directory to it
    create folder ApplicationName
    get the result
    -- politely return the environment to the user as it was
    set the hideconsolewindows to oldHCW
    set the directory to olddir

  catch anError

    -- i use a custom debugger call TAOODebug
    -- which outputs the error to a log window
    -- but here's the normal way of debugging
    -- errors and getting the right info

    return "Error:" && SetUpNewWin32ApplicationFolder &CR& \
           "ErrorID:"& anError &CR& \
           "Params:" && the params

  finally

    if it is not empty then return it -- uh error

  end try

end SetUpNewWin32ApplicationFolder

not tested but should work, im pastin it in TAOO's NT Lib stack ;)

cheers
Xavier
http://monsieurx.com