Table field behavior -- make it not scroll!

Bill bill at bluewatermaritime.com
Fri May 20 14:23:33 EDT 2005

Eric --

Thank you very much for your help. I also realize that my frustration is
probably showing through in these emails. It get the most frustrated when
what I think should be a simple thing turns out to be not so simple.

Please keep working on your example stack as we really need those table
fields especially for working with arrays returned from databases.

Thanks again,

Bill

On 5/20/05 1:14 PM, "Eric Chatonet" <eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com>
wrote:

> Hi Bill,
>
> 1. In my example stack, the table field scrolls if neccessary
> depending on the number of columns and rows you want to display.
> 2. I think that you can simplify the handlers (a good idea, is not
> it?) by commenting the 2 SetScroll lines in the SelectCell handler.
> It should do the job in your case.
> 3. At the very worst, you can just prevent the user to tab or use the
> arrow keys, but... you and I would not like it ;-)
>
> Le 20 mai 05 à 18:59, Bill a écrit :
>
>> I tried it again with the properties set by hand in the property
>> pane of the
>> field. Rev didn't crash this time but the field still scrolls
>> although you
>> can tab through things correctly, mostly. But playing with it
>> causes a long
>> wait.
>>
>> Is there anyone who knows how to just lock the tab cells in a table
>> field so
>> that they never scroll no matter what you do? The automatic scroll
>> makes the
>> table field useless for data entry.
>>
>> Eric:
>>
>> Does your example stack that this came from still scroll the field
>> as you
>> enter data?
>

> Best regards from Paris,
>
> Eric Chatonet.
> So Smart Software
>
> For institutions, companies and associations
> Built-to-order applications: management, multimedia, internet, etc.
> Windows, Mac OS and Linux... With the French touch
>
> Plugins, tutorials and more on our website

            |    |    |
           )_)  )_)  )_)
          )___))___))___)\
         )____)____)_____)\\