1 more speed question

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Wed May 18 14:01:10 EDT 2005

--- jbv <jbv.silences at Club-Internet.fr> wrote:

> Jan,
>
> Thanks for the explanation, but as for your
> example :
>
> repeat for each line tLine in tLongList
>   get tLine
>   ## now do everything with it
> end repeat
>
> what if I need to replace tLine in tLongList
> after some processing on each line ?
>
> JB

In that case you should simply build a new list in a
variable, and then copy that back into the original
variable. As Dar suggested, something like:
--
repeat for each line tLine in tLongList
  get tLine
  ## now do everything with it
  put it & return after tNewList
end repeat
## copy back the result without the trailing return
put char 1 to -2 of tNewList into tLongList
--

Looking forward to the results of the speed test,

Jan Schenkel.

Quartam - Tools for Revolution
<http://www.quartam.com>

=====