Be Cautious About MySQL Licensing (was Re: Database suggestions?)

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Sun May 15 03:41:43 EDT 2005

AGAIN, gentlemen, I say, why bother with running (and worrying about)
your own server and licensing when there are good ISP's out there
that INCLUDE MYSQL along with one's account, like PHP, python, perl,
shell, etc.

I can have just about as many MYSQL databases as I'd ever want with
my $20/month code monster account. (They also have a $10/plan) It's
really fast and they plan to upgrade to 5.xx this fall!

I don't give a  %$#%$# about lawyers or licensing or whatever because
they have a site license or something at my ISP...and the setup for a
new database takes about 5 minutes...and I don't have to get my hands
dirty.

It feels like it's almost free this way! So what's the problem?

sqb