Table Field Docs?

Peter Reid preid at reidit.co.uk
Mon May 9 20:24:17 EDT 2005

I'm very keen to use table fields but need to know how to load and
unload a complete table field quickly and efficiently.  I've seen
some of the earlier messages which mention "revReadCellValue",
"revWriteCellValue", "cREVTable[]", "revDisplayFormattedData", but NO
complete documentation for how to manipulate and display table fields.

It is somewhat of a cheat to claim that Rev supports "Spreadsheet
fields" (see http://revolution.runrev.com/section/features.php for
the claims)
but then doesn't provide ANY documentation for how to actually use
them apart from when attached to database queries!!  Moreover, if you
try to apply general field manipulation techniques things go really
weird with edited cells still containing old values, etc.

Specifically, I want to be able to:
- load/unload a complete table in one go
- clear a table
- address individual cells for reading/writing
- fix the number of columns when tabbing across
- have table column headings that scroll as the data table scrolls

and I need proper documentation (or even SOME documentation!!) in
order to do this.

Is there anyone on the list (or better still from RunRev) who can
provide more comprehensive documentation for table fields, so I can
REALLY use them?!

Cheers

Peter
--
Peter Reid
Reid-IT Limited, Loughborough, Leics., UK
E-mail: preid at reidit.co.uk