Here is the ChatRev Transcript

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Sun May 8 19:22:34 EDT 2005

graham samuel wrote:

> What happened to the protocol? for someone that wasn't there, I found
> the transcript almost unreadable, with people interrupting each other,
> and I couldn't work out if Kevin had in fact answered (or rejected)
> all the questions he was asked. The first chat transcript was really
> well-ordered. I suspect it was Jacque's influence; but whatever it
> was, I hope for more discipline next time.

Different contexts. The first one was the Scripting Conference - first
in a series of well-organized and well-run on-line conferences -
featuring stacks of info prepared ahead of time, with follow-up
questions. And a protocol, and a Protocol Enforcer.

This was a fairly informal chat session where Kevin answered questions,
with much more open discussion. No protocol.

I have to say that as a live event it was enjoyable - and although it
felt a bit chaotic, that was OK - live multi-way interaction is like
that. As an after-the-event transcript (for the bit I had to miss as a
live event), it was indeed very hard to follow and frustrating.

I'd hate to lose the informal feel; we're very lucky to have the CEO do
such an unscripted event (wonder how many things he said that he
wouldn't have done in a more prepared context ?) - but a bit of protocol
would have been better.

Maybe if he repeats this chat session, we can nominate a moderator to
funnel questions through, so that she selects a topic/question, and
everyone sticks more or less to it for a little while, then select the
next one, etc.