Problems with resource mages

docmann docmann at gmail.com
Fri May 6 23:11:15 EDT 2005

Hello folks,
I've built a simple test stack where I imported a dozen images fom a
folder directly into the stack as resources. Then I added a blank
graphic object for use as a container to display the images in. Next
step was to add a text field (named "search") in order to enter the
name of an image I'd like to display, along with a second field (named
"ext") to hold the file extension for the image.

Finally, I added a button to click, which holds my script.

I have no problems displaying images into my container using either a
local file or URL location, but cannot for the life of me figure out
how to display an image directly from within the stack file itself.

on mouseUp
  put field "search" & field "ext" into tGraphic
  set the imageSource of "Image" to tGraphic
end mouseUp

When I run the script above, the debugger clearly shows that the
filename of the image is being "built" correctly, so I assume that my
problem is related to getting the correct resource ID of the image.

Can anyone point out were I'm going wrong?

Thanks,
-Doc-