Unicode woes

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Fri May 6 20:59:43 EDT 2005

OK, I am now on my second week of beating the pants off of Director.
Our Director Guru took 2 months to build what I might be able to finish
in 2 weeks.
I would say I am  85 % done. I have 2 sections left and the problem of
Unicode.

The problem:

I am able to get Unicode text into rev by pasting into a field. I can
take that code to a field on another stack using:
This works great;
set the unicodetext of field "Inputtray" of stack "Games" to the
unicodetext of field "CHIcons" of stack "Editor"

But I have to filter my fields in order to get my software to work. I
need to store my Unicode in variables BUT they don't seem to work. It
seems that you can't set the unicode of a variable to the unicode of a
field:
This does not work;
set the unicodetext of gPreviewMessage to the unicodetext of field
"CHMessages" of card "Languages" of stack "Editor"

Do any of you guys have any ideas how to accomplish this???

Thank you so much,

Tom

Thomas J. McGrath III
SCS