Pencil doesn't trigger mousedown?

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Fri May 6 09:43:56 EDT 2005

Xavier,

I don't know what mouseDown event you are needing but recently I fought
the mouseDown and the mouseDown won. I did use other listers advice and
start a self running loop (send checkMouse to me in 50 milliseconds)
and look for an "if the mouse is down" or "if the mouse is up" in the
checkMouse handler and that seemed to work fine. In fact since I didn't
want to use the mouseMove it seemed the only other choice available to
me.
I don't know if it will work for you but give it a try.

-- this acts just like a mouseDown message while holding the mouseDown
and exits (after doing a mouseUp ).

on checkMouse
if the mouse is down then
-- do something important