Syntax problem

Varen Swaab varen at veggio.com
Fri May 6 01:50:45 EDT 2005

Thanks Sarah

I don't think I understand your reply. The variable "theLink" holds a
well-formed url. I'm looking to add to that url by adding the contents of
another variable "subID"

Example:

variable theLink holds  "http://www.google.com"
variable subID holds a number such as "44568"

I'm looking for a way to combine both variables so the result is:

http://www.google.com/44568

I have been trying to combine the values of both the variables like this:

get URL(&theLink&"/"&subID&)

and nothing will work that I've tried. Given the fact that all the other
code in my example works fine and all I want to do is append an existing url
with the variable subID I thought the code would work as my example above.

In your example you're showing how to match a url sting and a variable but
I'm trying to combine two variables, one of which holds a url and the other
a number. I have no idea of the correct syntax to do that.

Thanks for helping.

Varen