OT : PearPC

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Tue May 3 12:50:23 EDT 2005

On May 3, 2005, at 10:16 AM, Dennis Brown wrote:

> Sloppy contract wording by Apple (and clever wording by MS) was how MS
> got the right to make Windows from Apple in the first place.  In fact
> clever contract wording is how MS became the dominant provider of an
> OS to PC makers.  Superior contract writing wins out over superior
> technologies in business --make sure you read the fine print.

Personally, I think the meaning of Apple labeled is clear.

However, the wording is sloppy in general.  Strictly, it says you can't
run it on more than one Apple computer and you can't store it on more
than one computer.  That leaves PearPC in the clear.

However, I think the intent is to exclude PearPC.

Also, Apples lawyers are bigger than mine and even bigger than those of
most of my customers.

And, public opinion favors Apple.

I'd save my nickels for a mini and personal kvm switch.

I think Darwin is another matter.

If I was writing a driver for a board that needed to be emulated
because its still being prototyped, I'd beg Apple for special
permission.  I'd still hustle the prototype.

Dar