about Rev XML libs and XSLT files...

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Tue May 3 01:23:20 EDT 2005

--- Chipp Walters <chipp at chipp.com> wrote:
> Hi Andre,
>
> I looked into using XSLT a couple of years ago to do
> XML -> XHTML
> transformations for Hemingway, and found the whole
> thing alarmingly
> slow, not to mention extremeley difficult to program
> and debug. Much
> faster to do it in PHP or ASP or even [probably]
> Transcript.
>
> Perhaps things have changed.
>
> -Chipp

Ah, but then you have to manually craft a script for
each XML transformation -- and XSLT is generic and can
be done by someone who knows hardly anything about
programming.
We use it at work to dynamically create custom user
interfaces for an in-house web server that is built in
Progress -- my colleagues know hardly anything about
XSL, but they know enough XML to produce valid XML
data from the database queries.

Jan Schenkel.

Quartam - Tools for Revolution
<http://www.quartam.com>