window in a window

Bob Hartley rev at armbase.com
Sun May 1 16:44:17 EDT 2005

Hi  All.

I have an app that has a toolbar that does things to a window (an
independent rev file). However, I want to embed this independent window
into one stack and then save it back out.

EG. Imagine a word processor like MS word without an open document.
You  have a blank window and a toolbar, call it bobsBlankWindow. Now I want
to have a rev file to open "within" bobsBlankWindow and then be saved back
as the rev file when edited.

Is it possible to embed a stack within the area of another stack.

Apart from that, there is the problem of the window focus. if the edit
stack is clicked upon it would hide the other window behind it. would using
the systemWindow command work?

Sorry to not try it in advance but I'd need to change a lot before doing
this and I want advice before messing around with it.

cheers
bob