lazy newbie

Timothy Miller gandalf at doctorTimothyMiller.com
Wed Mar 30 21:25:43 EST 2005

>Don't know what the default behavior is, but I do know that in Rev,
>a background is considered a type of group (a group with a special
>property enabled), and you can have multiple groups (including
>multiple backgrounds) in the same stack, as well as multiple
>backgrounds on the same card.  It should not be necessary to split
>them into separate stacks.
>
>On Mar 30, 2005, at 7:28 PM, Timothy Miller wrote:

Group, huh? Okay, that's good. I've got Dan's book, found substacks,
didn't find backgrounds. But I overlooked groups.

Here it is... Page 60. Man, that's one dense paragraph! I guess
groups are like backgrounds in some ways, not in others. Once again,
it seems like Rev is a space shuttle when all I really need is a hang
glider. Good old hyperCard plus a few externals was just right for me!

Nevertheless, now I've got a clue... a head start. I'll open my HC
stacks in Rev, look to see how Rev defines the backgrounds as groups,
and what attributes they have, and go from there.

Unless someone has better advice.

Thanks a bunch, Frank :-)

Tim Miller