Own fontsuite with standalone ?

Jerry Balzano gjbalzano at popmail.ucsd.edu
Wed Mar 30 17:04:47 EST 2005

Well, my face is a little red here ... somewhere in the back of my mind
I knew that ".dll" files were associated with Windows, but I suppose I
let wishful thinking get in the way of processing that information
explicitly.

Certainly, on Macs I know I can copy the file to the Fonts folder, but
then one generally needs to relaunch the application to gain access to
the font.  I was just looking for a more userly-transparent way to
provide — possibly only temporary — access to a font that I am really
attached to using but which I can't assume will be present on host
computers.  The other downside to copying files to people's Fonts
folders is that it seems a tad intrusive, although I suppose other
applications do such things all the time.  Dynamic, temporary access to
special fonts was what I was looking for ... oh, well.

	- Jerry