lazy newbie

Timothy Miller gandalf at doctorTimothyMiller.com
Wed Mar 30 19:28:04 EST 2005

It's taken me forever to get my HC stacks ready to run in Rev,
because, among other reasons, I made heavy use of the popup button
external provided by Nine to Five software, with their ancient
Reports product. This was before popup buttons were native to
hyperCard. The 9 to 5 popups don't work quite the same way as native
HC popups. And of course, while re-writing the scripts one always has
good ideas about how to improve them -- and the hours, days and weeks
go by.

I'm almost done. This has been time-consuming, so Rev is still
mysterious. Haven't had time for homework.

When I'm done with all this stuff, do I need to convert my
backgrounds to sub-stacks?

If I open my stacks in Rev (they will open -- I've tried it -- I've
paid for Dreamcard on three platforms), does Rev automatically
re-define my backgrounds as substacks? If so, does Rev do that
correctly?

I know there are conversion help sites and stuff. I thought I'd skip
the middleman and go straight to the source, at least on this key
point. Don't worry, I will do some of my own homework... or retain
Jacque, or a bit of both.

Thanks in advance,

Tim Miller