Run 2 installs of Rev?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Mar 27 02:28:44 EST 2005

Marty Knapp wrote:
> Is it possible/advisable to run 2 installs of Rev? (I'm using v2.2.1 on Mac
> 10.2.8) Here's the reason-- I put together an app that uses Sarah's POP Lib
> and Shao Sean's libMail and libSMTP (with help from a couple of you!). Once
> an hour it checks for orders from my Miva stores and processes those that
> come in. But it seems that if I'm working on another stack, it doesn't
> trigger. So I thought maybe if I had 2 copies running, I could work in one
> and let my order processor churn away in the other.
>
> I've thought of building it into a stand-alone, but it seems I'm always
> tinkering with it.
>
> Any thoughts?

Hey Marty -

Glad you got a good solution for your Miva project.  I've been looking
at a third-party extension for Miva for a similar purpose, but I'm
inclined to modify the mmui.mv file directly to call a Rev-based CGI
(probably no better than the third-party Miva solution, but more fun to
work with <g>).

As for your question, you can build a simple standalone that opens that
stack file when launched.  I had a similar need, to run a number of
internal apps here, and since I'm always doing weird stuff with the
engine I need to have a separate app running those utilities outside of
my dev environment.  I made a simple one-window stack and have been
using it for years.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation