Catching errors

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Fri Mar 25 03:14:39 EST 2005

Hi everyone,

Im on hollidays, so hard at work on XOS! I hope to release something before
the summer maybe! Unless a couple other top secret projects do better, this
is still my biggest undertaking! 15 years after...

I found a nice metaphor for XOS which im adding front page of the
documentation. It should pop some eyes open I think...

<xos dox page:1>
The hardest part about XOS is explaining exactly what it is or what it
cannot do! It is many things... For one it is a (my humble) Tao of framework
programming in Transcript... But it's also the (or one of the) most
extensive script library there is which is taking hours to clean up!

But the most generalized answer would be that XOS is a natural language
programming API for linking computer objects via a host application or agent
to a user via easy verb and object scripting. As a dynamic environment, XOS
trys to optimize the user's object reference and ambiguity. If not possible,
XOS will interact with the user to make this easy and error less.
</xos dox>

So Im looking at the error handling and found the right handler I think.

I know from experience that meddling with this in the frontscript is going
to be trouble... Keeping XOS friendly with Runrev is a key point...

Is there any guidelines or tips for using the "errordialog" message handler?

Is <<pass ErrorDialog>> supported? The reason I ask that particular question
is because I still see that the RevErrorDialog window still can't cope with
geometry redraws (2347 still UNCO in bugzilla although aknowledged by Tuv in
Nov last year) when an error is shown...

Thanks in advance
Happy RevEaster!
Xavier