Mac / ISO XML - dumb question

Terry Vogelaar tvogelaar at de-mare.nl
Tue Mar 22 22:46:23 EST 2005

Op 19-mrt-05 om 16:25 heeft jbv het volgende geschreven:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm working on a website project using Rev cgi in which
> data will be sold online and available as xml files to be
> downloaded by customers.
> It seems that xml files suffer the same problem as plain
> text files : according to the client platform to which they'll
> be downloaded, end users need to have the choice between
> a Mac or ISO version... Or is there a way to make xml files
> all-platforms compatible ?

You are talking about upper ASCII chars, because with 'normal' chars
you wouldn't notice the difference between Mac or ISO.

Many of these upper ASCII chars can be typed as ë or { (the
latter form is preferred). XML in RunRev does that automatically, or it
chokes on these upper ASCII chars.

Upper ASCII chars in XML in RunRev is not completely bug-free. It
handles 'ë' nicely, but can't handle 'ä' for example.

Terry