Dreamcard URL

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Tue Mar 22 19:53:39 EST 2005

Scotty Moon wrote:

>Hello,
>Newbie here. I'm creating a stack that downloads a specific url and
>puts the value into a field. This works fine when I'm developing in
>dreamcard, but in the player it does not work.
>
>My transcript for the function is something like:
>
>put URL "whatever.com" into field "blah" (or something of the sort).
>
>Is there a workaround for this? Am I doing something wrong for it to
>work in dreamcard itself but not the player?
>Thanks in advance,
>Scotty

My first guess would be that the player is in "secure" mode (in that
mode, it is not allowed to access the network, or to write files).

In the Player, the RunRev icon in the top right gives you access to the
Preferences - and you should ensure that it is selected (the text says
"Run in non-secure mode" - so it should be selected to allow network
access).

If it's not that - come back to the list and give us any additional info
you can.