OT: Analyzing competitors - In this case Real Software

Keith Hutchison keith.hutchison at balance-infosystems.com
Tue Mar 22 19:34:30 EST 2005

Hi Mark,

> This was not meant to be a Rev vs this or that topic.  I was really
> trying to talk more about the marketing aspect of one app vs a
> competing app.  On this list, many are aware of both Rev and RB and
> could make the fragile connection.
Well thats what it turned into, someone laughing at REALBasic syntax and
showing how much simpler RunRev is. Hence the nature of my response. One of
the hidden beautiful things about REALbasic is you can, using
object.doSomthing.syntax create your own syntax by using subclasses. I am in
no way bagging RunRev.

> It is final...this is a thought that should have stayed right in my
> head.
It provoked thoughtful discussion, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Keith Hutchison
Balance-Infosystems.Com

postgresql - mysql - dbf
Foxpro - Delphi - MS Access - REALbasic - Java
http://balance-infosystems.com http://realopen.org