OT: Analyzing competitors - In this case Real Software

Troy Rollins troy.rollins at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 17:10:18 EST 2005

> Given that both RunRev and RealBasic can use tcpip sockets I think of the
> products as complimentary. I prefer REALBasic do to it's ability to
> subclass. Others I work with prefer RunRev. Some even prefer Filemaker.

Well, they are clearly more designed to be competitors than partners,
but I get what you are saying.

In my case, we use several tools too, generally trying to select the
right language and IDE to best perform the scope of the project.
Frequently, Revolution has won over the other tools as it is extremely
productive. REALbasic usually wins out when capability and depth is
the most important thing. Director is the fastest to do fully custom
"multimedia" and UI... and so on.

--
Troy Rollins
RPSystems, Ltd.