Analyzing competitors - In this case Real Software

Frank D. Engel, Jr. fde101 at fjrhome.net
Tue Mar 22 17:09:48 EST 2005

12% of 50,000 is 6,000.
13% of 50,000 is 6,500.

So, about 6,000 to 6,500 users of RB are VB transferees; good for them.
  One less Microsoft program for them to deal with.

Does anyone find this information useful?

A much more interesting question:  how many Rev users are transferees
from other Xtalk languages, such as HyperCard and SuperCard?

Add to this: how many have gone from Xtalks to RB, from Xtalks to VB,
from VB to Xtalks, etc.

Putting these various pieces of info together may prove rather
interesting.  Would anyone know how to use it for something
constructive?  Marketing, perhaps, but otherwise, hmm...