repeating a string

Mikey mikeythek at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 09:24:42 EST 2005

>    What would this function do if handed a non-integer, or completely
> non-numeric, value for "reps"?
If it's a non-numeric it won't do anything.  HC and its progeny is
smart when it comes to variable...err...container handling.

>Also, I am somewhat uncomfortable with the notion of
> uninitialized variables.
Thankfully, unlike most 3 and 4GL's, HC, RR et al aren't crippled by
this notion.  The first time you reference a container it is
automatically initialized to empty.

>And I suspect that "put before" might actually be a
> bit faster than "put after.
That would be unusual in this branch of CS.  WIthout testing, I would
be willing to bet that it is faster to decrement your starting point
and use "after" than it is to use "before".

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."