constant list

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Mon Mar 21 07:52:20 EST 2005

constantNames function

Platform support:
Introduced in version 2.0

Returns a list of all built-in constants in Transcript.

the constantNames
constantNames()

the constantNames
if it is among the lines of the constantNames then askForAnotherName

See also: commandNames function, constant command, functionNames
function, propertyNames function, variableNames function

Description
Use the constantNames function to check whether a particular constant
already exists in Transcript, to avoid using a reserved word for your
own constants and variables.

Value:
The constantNames function returns a list of constant names, one per
line.

Comments:
The constantNames function returns all the constants that are
predefined in Transcript, including synonyms.
On Mar 20, 2005, at 11:16 PM, Mikey wrote:

> supposedly there's a list of constants available in the documentation
> window by selecting dictionary, then constants off the menu.  Uh, ok,
> but I don't see constants in the list.  I see constant, but not
> constatnts.

Thomas J. McGrath III
SCS
1000 Killarney Dr.