repeating a string

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Mon Mar 21 07:56:51 EST 2005

, operator  (string)

Platform support:
Introduced in version 1.0

Concatenates (joins) two strings and inserts a comma between them.

string1 , string2

put "first","second" -- evaluates to "first,second"
get lastName,firstName && middleName

See also: & operator, && operator, Operator Precedence Reference

Description
Use the , operator to combine two strings with a comma between them.

Parameters:
The operands string1 and string2 are literal strings of characters
(delimited with double quotes), or expressions that evaluate to
strings.

Comments:
The result of the , operator is a string consisting of string1, a
comma, and string2.

On Mar 20, 2005, at 11:18 PM, Mikey wrote:

> Sorry about the partial repeat - lappie issues...
>
> I can't for the life of me remember how to repeat a string, and of
> course I can't find anything in the docs either.
>
> I could do "a"&"a"&"a", but I thought there was something like "A"*3
> or such available.

Thomas J. McGrath III
SCS
1000 Killarney Dr.