Getting as much system info possible

Robert Presender rpresender at cox.net
Fri Mar 18 21:36:20 EST 2005

On Mar 18, 2005, at  23:09:07 Malte Brill wrote:

> Message: 17
> Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 23:09:07 +0100
> From: Malte Brill <revolution at derbrill.de>
> Subject: Re: Getting as much system info possible.
> To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
>
> Thanks Todd, Robert and Xavier!
>
> I can´t try the windows version now.
>
> On Os X.2.6 I get the following error:
>
> put shell(system_profiler)
>
> /bin/sh: line 1:   545 Segmentation fault      system_profiler
>
> How would I use grep Todd?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Malte

Thanks guys for leading me to what I was interested in doing but didn't
know how.  I used the following in the message box and got the items of
the profiler.  It took a little time to get the profiler in the message
box (at first I thought I had a crash).

In the message box:  put shell("system_profiler")   NOTE the quotes.

 From the profiler list, I found the serial number of my Imac G5 and then
In the message box I typed:  if  "Serial Number xxxxxxx" is in
shell("system_profiler") then beep 5

Now I have to figure out how to implement any item(s) in the profiler
of a user in an application.  At least it is a start.

Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Regards ... Bob