Printing and fonts

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Mon Mar 14 14:35:25 EST 2005

On Mar 13, 2005, at 6:55 AM, Karen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to print tabular data from Revolution, and I'm having big
> problems.  This is due to the font used to print - I don't seem to
> have any
> control over the font used, and therefore can't make it a font such as
> Courier which would have consistent tabbing.

First question: Windows or Mac? On Windows, you need to set the global
property formatForPrinting to "true." On OS X, you don't have to worry
about that.

Second question: what font is being used to display this tabular data
in the stack? Can you just change it to Courier or some other
monospaced font? Or does it *need* to be different between the screen
and the printout?

The best/safest way I've encountered to print what you really want is
to have a stack designed only to be printed, lay it out the way you
want (including font settings), move data from the data stack to the
printing stack as appropriate, and then print the printing stack. Have
you tried that?

Dan