textShift

Bruce Lewis lewisbruce at rogers.com
Sun Mar 13 07:50:20 EST 2005

Jeanne,

I guess you were never a letterpress printer.  ;0-).

It does not seem like a hack to me. The "right" way to raise the height of
a line of type within a pre-defined area was to put a strip of metal below
and remove a corresponding strip from above (and vice versa). Adjusting the
margins seems more natural than the new-fangled approach of assuming the
adjustment is a property of the type (at least when the shifted text is the
same size as the basic text).

Different strokes . . .

Bruce

--