Preserving Rev Prefs Between Upgrades

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Mar 10 15:50:30 EST 2005

Dan Shafer wrote:
> Probably takes someone from RR to answer this, but....
>
> Does anyone know if the format or content of the prefs file changes
> between releases of RR? I get frustrated losing the recent stacks list
> between versions all the time.

If Rev works like MC, prefs are stored in the Home stack.  This has the
additional benefit of also storing the reg key, so you can pull your
home stack out, upgrade, and drop the Home stack back in and be right
back where you were with the previous engine.

But like I said, I'm not sure if Rev works like that and I'm not sure
what other scripts may be part of the Home stack which may require
replacing from version to version.

We keep the Home stack as separate as possible from the IDE with MC, but
we are also a bunch of freaks. :)

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation