Learning Revolution

Karen Karen at curlypaws.com
Wed Mar 9 09:34:16 EST 2005

Sarah,

Thanks very much for the alternating coloured line code, I'll need to try
that out.

Regarding REALbasic's tutorial, it builds a little text editor program,
which helps introduce the user to a lot of the various tools within the IDE,
as well as how to build some fairly simple user interface elements.  It
forms a nice bridge between the documentation and someone trying to start to
build a program.  It doesn't take things too far in terms of complexity -
which I think is fine - most people will find enough to get them trying
things for themselves.

REALbasic has also been well served by things like the Applelinks REALbasic
University series
http://www.applelinks.com/p5/index.php/more/realbasic_university_archive/
which did some good tutorials.  The series later developed into a PDF based
magazine REALbasic Developer.

I'm hoping to see Dan's book arrive before too long (well - hopefully before
too long), as I'm sure it is probably the missing piece of information for
Revolution.

Thanks,

Karen