Rev Packaged App hanging

Steve Bonham sbonham at georgiasouthern.edu
Mon Mar 7 16:17:05 EST 2005

REVers,

Using Revolution, I've created a main stack that reads from and
writes to an external preferences text file entitled "TJsettings.txt".

In the stack script (on openstack) starts with:

put the filename of this stack into MyPathWay
   repeat until the last char of myPathWay is "/"
     delete last char of MyPathWay
   end repeat

   put myPathWay & "TJsettings.txt" into MyPathWay

   answer myPathway  --"BUG TEST" line

   open file MyPathWay

   read from file MyPathWay until EOF
   put it into TheSettings

   put theSettings into fld "settings"

---------
then I'll pull info from fld setting to reset preferences

Only thing is-- it's not working...

The "BUG TEST" line results in
"Users/steve/Desktop/JeopardyQs/TJsettings.txt" which
is accurate. But nothing is appearing in the fld "settings"

Any advice?

Steve