[noob again]static text

Mikey mikeythek at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 12:59:05 EST 2005

> The printed docs are just what you get in the IDE under documentation,
> so obviously the online docs will be more current. In there, under
> "How do I display text on a card?" I see what I believe is the answer
> to your original question:
>
> The runrev IDE has a finite learning curve. Granted, the docs need
> better searching tools (long-standing topic of complaining here in the
> list), but griping that there's no documentation isn't a substitute
> for taking the time to learn how to use the tools available.

With all due respect, that stance won't get the money released, and it
certainly doesn't get staff on board.  Griping that the docs are
inadequate is the frustration of a newbie trying to get a very simple
issue resolved, who then needs to justify the decision.  Luckily your
stance isn't from someone with runrev.com in their email address or
the decision as to which direction to go would be made and over with.

In the case of a tool like RR, the docs need to be better because the
paradigm is very different and often it's difficult to match the
vocabulary, even for people familiar with cousins of it.

Come to think of it, the docs on how to use the docs aren't complete
either, leaving me with the question of "What would have led me to
search for what you were searching for to get the answer to the
question I was rasing?".  I'm afraid the answer is "Nothing".

I'm getting off this thread.  Arguing about it isn't going to address anything.

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."