[noob again]static text

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Mar 6 13:56:18 EST 2005

On 3/6/05 11:38 AM, Mikey wrote:

> Actually, in HC one could, by choosing the...static text tool...create
> static text.  I can't remember a forms editor in any other IDE/RAD
> tool that lacks this feature.

I think you may be thinking of HyperCard's paint text. Once entered, it
was not editable. Revolution doesn't have a paint text feature, so we
use locked fields instead. This renders better in printing and remains
editable.

It was the same in HyperCard if you used a locked field for static text.
To edit the text, you had to unlock the field, edit, and then relock it.
Revolution provides a shorter way to do this via the property
inspector's "contents" pane, but if you prefer you can still do it the
old HyperCard way. You will also have to set the traversalOn property to
true while editing if you want to see your cursor in the field (HC
didn't have this property) but otherwise it is the same procedure.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com