[noob again]static text

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Sun Mar 6 12:18:58 EST 2005

I think the difference he was referring to was a point that I find is
often confusing to newcomers to Revolution. Static text should
logically be placed into a Label Field. If you create a Label Field,
there's no obvious way to change its contents because it does not allow
direct editing. You have to open its inspector, switch to the Contents
pane of the inspector, and type the text there. Just to make it more
interesting ( :-) ) you then have to switch to the Text Formatting pane
to format the text you just typed or use the Text Menu to do so. It's
pretty darned non-intuitive.

IIRC, static text fields in HC could be directly edited. Why Rev
doesn't allow this in the IDE is beyond me, but I've grown accustomed
to its face.

Dan