"Rolling Credits" - Stop them and start them again

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sat Mar 5 23:26:30 EST 2005

> Thanks for the quick response.
>
> Unfortunately, when I pasted the script into my field, it does not seem
> to work.
>
> first click - nothing.  second click, text scrolls about 1 pixel, then
> nothing.
>
> Overall results, similar to the stuff I wrote.
>
> However, since mine did not use the "pendingMessages" function, I
> suspect you might be on the right track.
>
> Did you actually test it?  Is it possible that some differing stack or
> field property on my side affects this script?

Yes, I tested it... basically you don't start it with a click... you have to
send it the startRolling message first, and then you can click to pause and
click to resume. Works until the scrolling is done and it fades out.

I hope it's some typo or glitch on your end, otherwise we're going to have
to share Rev/machine specs to track this down... :-)

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com