OT: External help for Rev users? Was Re: "Rolling Credits" - Stop them and start them again

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sun Mar 6 13:40:20 EST 2005

On 3/5/05 11:12 PM, "Dick Kriesel" <dick.kriesel at mail.com> wrote:

>>> Is that attitude part of the use-rev culture, so that gurus like you don't
>>> get offended by "There's a simpler/faster way ...?"
>>
>> I would *hope* that it's part of the communal software development culture
>> in general, but if you're only finding it here, I guess we can chalk it up
>> to the use-rev group... :-)
>
> I'd hope so too.  But I haven't seen it out there because I've been focusing
> on Rev for a while.  Or do you mean there other groups helpful to Rev users,
> in addition to use-rev?

Well, there's a number of Yahoo groups that are helpful to Rev users, but
they focus on specific aspects of Rev (note that the level of activity
varies on these groups):

  revInterop - "A working group for defining a standard for handling
component metadata in software developed with Runtime Revolution."

  cxTalk - "This is a discussion mailing list for Christians who program in
xTalk scripting IDEs such as HyperCard, SuperCard, MetaCard, Runtime
Revolution, AppleScript, Director, etc."

  RevDocs - "A working group of documentation and education professionals
for making recommendations for enhancement of the Runtime Revolution
documentation."

  revolution_ipc - "discussing Inter-Program Communication in Runtime
Revolution"

HTH,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software