Newbie Question

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Mar 5 13:41:03 EST 2005

On 2/5/05 8:11 AM, Michael wrote:

> Hi
> I'm not clear on something here, the environment "development". I have
> been hunting around in the doc's so I have a some idea but. The >"if the
> environment is development" then < statement is set to automatic once
> the app is compiled ? or must I remove this or rename development to
> standalone previous to compile into a standalone app ?

The "environment" function tells your script whether you are running in
Rev's IDE or from within a standalone. This lets you do different things
based on where the stack is currently running. For example, while
developing, you may not want Rev to actually quit when you click a
"Quit" button, but in the standalone you would. So you can write a
handler to test whether the stack is running as a standalone so that it
will only quit if it is:

on mouseUp -- in a "Quit" button
   if the environment is "development" then -- we are in the IDE
    close this stack -- just close, don't quit
   else -- it is a standalone
    quit
   end if
end mouseUp