design problem: fonts and spacing

Marielle Lange M.Lange at ed.ac.uk
Thu Jun 30 14:49:26 EDT 2005

>I guess I don't quite see how that would work in detail, but I can
>look for it. It sounds, though, like an _awful_ lot of very finicky
>work, on every individual example, of which there are a pretty large
>number.

>Is there some HTML-tag or RTF-tag approach to this problem?

The HTML-tag (div+css) approach to the problem would in fact be the equivalent
of storing your sentence parts in different text fields and then positionning
these text fields.

If you cannot use an algorithm to assign the tags automatically, then the
fastest approach is to assign tags manually, in a text file, then write a
program that will produce an aligned output, based on the tags.

Hope this help,
Marielle