post command example?

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Tue Jun 28 12:32:58 EDT 2005

I need to send some data to a php page on a web server, just a short
string like "abc2". I've read all I can find on the post command in
the documentation, but can't figure out how to format the data so the
php script will read it.

My stack:
contents of fld "uid": "abc2"
(I also tried [ name="netid" value="dna3" ] as the value of the
field. Sans the [].)

the post button script:
on mouseUp
   post urlencode(fld "uid") to url fld "urlText" -- also tried
without urlencode
   set the htmltext of fld "returnedText" to it
end mouseUp

The result returned makes it obvious that the php script executed,
but never received the value "abc2".

FWIW, the php script (one I wrote, that works when I hard code
everything) uses the $POST_[value name here] format to grab the data.
I am a neophyte in php land, but have used this method successfully
in the past to pass values from html forms.

There are no clear examples of how to do this in the docs, and the
list archive at http://lists.runrev.com seems to be offline at the
moment.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University