Confirm Long File Name Bug in Player Object

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Mon Jun 27 17:17:43 EDT 2005

Sivakatirswami-

Monday, June 27, 2005, 1:30:58 PM, you wrote:

S> answer "Are you finished with the last one? If so, shall I clear
S> the header info?"

S> with

S> "Cancel" or "Clear Header"

S> Better?

I like the "Clear Header". That makes it obvious what will happen if I
press the button. The concept of "Cancel" has always bothered me in
contexts like this.

If you are presenting two questions then there are four possible
states for the user. It looks to me like you are taking care of two of
those:

              clear header
              Y        N
finished  ------------------
    Y     | Clear |        |
    N     |       | Cancel |

If I'm the user and I'm finished with the last one, what will happen
when I press "Cancel"? Will my changes disappear? If I'm not done what
does Cancel mean? What if I'm done with the last one but I don't want
to clear the header info? In this last case, I don't really know what
you're intending, so I don't know if that's even an option - it may be
clear from where I am in the application.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net