Menus Driving Me Nuts!

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Mon Jun 27 15:13:14 EDT 2005

if my way and experience can help then i hope it does...

in multicards, the root of the hierarchy is the stack, then the background,
then the card - then the group or what it's the card out of the background -
including other background groups. Inmensely flexible but in the raw ;)

However with backgrounds, in RunRev and MetaCard, as soon as you add
something to a card, the next card you create from that card will "inherit"
the extra stuff (when they are "shared" like buttons or "background" like
groups. But it's disconcerting since existing cards dont inherit the
background behavior of other groups equaly shared...

begs the question if they have the same number of cards - false but they
share the same "screen" contrary to the older hypercard - here you would
create different cards, put the bgs into them and then you have what you had
in HC - structuraly speaking - Rev is a structure powerhouse!

So the easiest solution is to make one front end for your data and store
your data into a file or another hidden substack. Then your one card, will
never be out of synch with the data. That's the easiest way!

Not the fastest

Cards are too cool too ignore though - thanks to their local behavior - but
be careful to change ONE group, not many. Put the menugroup into a
comprehensive "objects" group and your troubles will always be shared across
all your cards or improve that quickly! ;)

did that make sense?

Cheers
Xavier
http://monsieurx.com/